Passing the CPA exam is the last step on the educational journey for every professional accountant. Of course, doing so is not as simple as it seems. You need to demonstrate a detailed understanding of accounting principles and practices in order to earn your certification. Luckily for you, there are plenty of resources you can use to learn.
Wiley CPAExcel is one of the most popular prep courses on the market. They prepare you for the exam through a mix of live classes, practice tests, and adaptive learning. But how effective is this course? Read on to see what works and what doesn’t.
- 1.Becker CPA Review Course Endorsed by Big 4 Accounting Firms
- 2.Surgent CPA Prep Course Best Technology + Tiaki $1,100
- 3. Wiley CPAExcel Review Course Best Instructor Support
- 4.UWorld Roger CPA Review Courses Best for Engaging Video Lectures
- 5.Gleim CPA Review Course Most Task-Based Simulations
Overview of Wiley
Wiley is an award winning company focused on making learning efficient and engaging. They do so primarily by mixing traditional study methods with live classes and adaptive learning. That way they can appeal to students of all learning styles and prevent burnout from overusing a single type of study material. Plus, it also gives you an opportunity to reinforce what you’ve learned by applying it to different mediums.
Wiley CPAExcel Course Features:
- FocusMe Adaptive Learning Technology
- 12,000+ Practice Questions
- 8 Full Length Practice Exams
- 1-on-1 Mentoring and Support
- Live Virtual Classroom
- Mobile Study App
- Unlimited Course Access
What’s Included With Wiley?
Wiley’s biggest claim to fame is their adaptive learning technology. FocusMe automatically adjusts your course schedule to reflect your aptitude for CPA concepts. That way you’re always increasing your knowledge instead of endlessly reviewing what you already know. Plus, it adds a personal touch by serving as a tool that adjusts the course to fit your individual needs.
Another important aspect of this technology is the focus on reinforcing weak areas of your knowledge. Wiley uses the practice exams you take to see where you need extra help. They can then use that knowledge to give you more focused lessons. Plus, your mentors will be able to see what areas to focus on during any live sessions.
Live Online Classes
Each Wiley course uses live online classes as a major component of teaching. Classes like these allow teachers to adjust their lectures on the fly based on how their audience is responding. Plus, it provides you with a chance to ask questions and receive clarification on troublesome concepts.
Every class instructor is a highly qualified professional. Wiley only wants you to learn from the best of the best. That’s why every instructor is a licensed CPA with teaching experience. Each class gives them a chance to share some of their professional experiences with you. That way you can avoid making some of the mistakes they might have made when starting out.
Up to Date Materials
Wiley’s courses are regularly adjusted to fit the current CPA exam blueprint. They don’t want you to learn outdated concepts and enter the exam unprepared. In order to make that happen, they regularly update their courses for no extra cost— meaning you’ll always have access to the most recent and relevant materials on offer.
he Wiley 3 different course options for CPA prep. The first is the Pro CPA Review course, which costs $2,199 and provides access to video lectures, practice problems, professor mentoring, and other self study materials.
Next is the Platinum course. utu te reira $2,499 and adds virtual classrooms and additional test questions.
Heoi, you can enroll in the Platinum + Ultimate membership course for $3,199. It comes with everything the other tiers offer in addition to personal tutoring and a mentorship course.
I believe that most students can get the best experience for the lowest cost by enrolling in the Platinum course; Heoi, the Ultimate upgrade has several appealing features that can be extremely helpful if you believe you need a little extra help.
Related blog posts and resources
- 6 Best CPA Exam Tips
- How to become a CPA in the USA
- How to contact your state board of accountancy
- CPA Exam Costs Explained
Wiley CPAExcel Pros & Cons
If you’re still on the fence about paying for this course, consider the following pros and cons before making a decision.
- Pass Rates: Wiley has a proven track record when it comes to CPA courses. E ai ki to ratou website, 9 out 10 people who take their course pass all 4 wāhanga o te whakamātautau CPA!
- Unlimited Course Access: Wiley wants you to succeed, which is why they give you as much time as you need to study. Every customer gains unlimited access to the course until they’ve passed all 4 parts of the exam— no need to rush or worry about subscription fees!
- Authentic CPA Materials: Like other courses, Wiley uses old CPA exams when building their course. This ensures that the information you learn is accurate while giving you a glimpse at the exam format. This info is then combined with the official CPA exam blueprints to perfectly prepare you for the exam.
- Price: This course isn’t a cheap one. Wiley knows their materials are high quality and price them accordingly. Despite that, it’s possible to bring the price down hundreds of dollars by catching this course on a sale.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some of the most commonly asked questions about this course. Read on to see what else there is to know about Wiley.
Q: Does Wiley have any free course content?
He: Anyone can sign up for Wiley CPAExcel’s 14 day free trial. Doing so will give you a good look at the course before buying it.
Q: Is Wiley CPAexcel mobile friendly?
He: Wiley’s courses come with a mobile app containing all self study course content. That way you can still learn on the go.
Q: Does this course come with any physical materials?
He: Anyone who pays for the Platinum course receives 4 physical study guides, 1,000 print flashcards, and a set of focus notes.
If you still aren’t sure about this course, try taking a look at the type of student that it appeals to the most:
- If you prefer learning in a live classroom, this is the course for you.
- If you like to set your own pace when studying, this is the course for you.
- If you want to work with a course with a proven track record, this is the course for you.
- If you’re not interested in video content, this isn’t the course for you.
Bottom Line Recommendation
Wiley CPAExcel expertly blends live instruction with self study materials to create an effective CPA review course. That dedication makes it easy for any student to pass the CFA exam on their first try. I roto i te meka, you can see for yourself just how effective this is based on the 90% pass rate for Wiley’s students.
I recommend at least taking a look at the free trial of Wiley’s course. It will easily demonstrate the quality that Wiley brings to the table!
How do you rate Wiley CPAexcel CPA Review?
Wiley CPAexcel Frequently Asked Questions
📅 Does Wiley CPA expire?
All Wiley CPAexcel prep courses come with their Partner Until You Pass Guarantee. This means that students will have access to their materials for as long as it takes them to pass their exams.
💵 Does Wiley CPA offer financing?
I tenei wa, Wiley CPAexcel offers financing for their prep course packages. When you select a course, choose the PayPal Credit option to set up a payment plan.
💲How much does Wiley CPA Review Cost?
Wiley CPAexcel has three different tiers for their CPA review course. Their most expensive is Platinum, which costs $2,999. The next most expensive course is Gold at $2,275. I te pae hopea, Silver is their most affordable option and costs $2,100.
🤔 Is Becker better than Wiley?
te mutunga iho, this decision will depend on each student’s individual needs. But in our opinion, Becker offers a much better package with far superior study materials. Their video content, mobile functionality, and additional tutoring make for a much better educational experience.